Popeye Power Punch
Prep time: 3 mins
Cook time: 1 mins
Total time: 4 mins
- glass of almond milk
- handful of frozen mango
- handful frozen banana
- half a granny smith
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2-3 almond milk ice cubes
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- pinch of cinnamon
- handful of spinach
- handful of blanched almonds
- optional: 1 tbsp almond (or peanut butter, but almond butter is less allergenic)
- Fill the almond milk in first and let the frozen ingredients warm up in there for a few minutes (unless you have a power blender then blend straight away).
- Then add the dry ingredients and blend everything until smooth.
- Add more almond milk if you prefer your smoothie like a milkshake. Leave as is if you like a “frozen margarita-style” thick, icy consistency.
This smoothie is looovely! Sweet and slightly frothy! And to top it all it works as a natural protein shake — no need to add protein powder.
You get calcium, magnesium and potassium from the banana: good for nerves and to relax your muscles after a workout.
You get vitamin c and beta-carotene from the mango: great for your skin, eyes and immune system.
We all know that Popeye made himself super powerful by eating spinach, but you may be surprised to hear that he may also have been helping to protect himself against inflammations, cardiovascular problems, bone problems and cancer at the same time.
Along with the mineral rich almonds and the balancing effect of the cinnamon on your blood sugar this smoothie is just super.
What a bonus that is also tastes so mild and delicious!
Candida Diet info: This smoothie is fine during the maintenance stage of the diet, when candida levels are under control. It is too sweet for stage one, two and three. But you can easily adapt it by leaving the fruit out during this time and substitute with celery and more cucumber. It still tastes nice.