Ultimate Healthy Refreshment (Candida Diet Post Workout Drink)
Prep time: 4 mins Total time: 4 mins
- ½-1 cucumber
- 1 stick celery
- 2 small cox orange apples
- 1 slice organic lemon with rind on
Juice or blend all the ingredients and either drink straight away. Or store in a juice flask. The lemon helps prevent oxidizing and keeps your juice fresh for longer.
With Summer on our doorstep we are bound to get a bit more active!
You and me that is!
And that’s exactly why we need this “ueber-refreshing” juice/ smoothie.
Drink this straight after your workout, and you’ll recover from your sporty activity in no time at all.
To be fair, once you’ve seen the health benefits of this juice, you’ll want to drink it even when you are not exercising!
So, how did I get to create a Post Workout Sports Drink?
My boyfriend started running last week. And since I am competitive by nature, I had to try my luck at running, too.
Any excuse to experiment with new smoothie creations will do… 😉
Could he not have started something less demanding instead?!!
Never mind, getting pushed outside your comfort zone is generally a good thing. At least that’s what it appears to be once you look back at the hardship in retrospect… Well, I’m not quite there yet – big sigh!
Hence I needed a re-hydrating drink to pep me up after this strenuous activity, pheww…!
This is me after my first jog – 4.4km in somewhat 30 mins – not exactly Speedy Gonzalez, but it was just the warm up 😉
Health Benefits – It’s jam packed with Vitamins & Minerals!
This juice is super rich in B Vitamins, Vit C, iron, potassium, bioflavonoids, beta-carotene, calcium and folic acid.
How Can the Hydro Juice Help You?
- With the cooling cucumber and celery’s super cleansing properties this juice greatly helps your liver and kidneys.
- It mops up excess carbon dioxide and provides healthy digestion.
- The juice also replaces electrolytes that you might have lost from sweating and working out.
- And it prevents muscle cramps by inhibiting lactic acid build up.
- Overall it is a fantastically alkalizing juice/ smoothie, which helps with joint pain and speeds up healing in general.
I can hear you thinking “oh, but I need an expensive juicer to make this, and it’s so much work to clean it afterwards and ladeda…”