Drink this to Speed up Your Healing: Golden Milk!
As I am sitting here wrapping up warm easing myself into the colder autumn/ fall months, I am sipping a trending hot beverage that I just have to share with you!
Not only does it taste TOTALLY DELICIOUS, it also sports a ton of amazing health benefits and is super quick to make!
How good is that?! Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better…
Let me tell you that due to its high antioxidant contents and the anti-inflammatory and mildly anti-bacterial/ anti-fungal effect of some of the ingredients the drink also has a Candida suppressing effect which makes it the PERFECT drink during the Candida diet: Golden Milk (also called Turmeric Latte!) — click here to go to the recipe.
Let’s look at some of the magical ingredients:
What does it do? It combats cravings!
- Cinnamon keeps your blood sugar levels even which is good news for Candida sufferers as well as people with Diabetes
- It is even knows to suppress sugar cravings – besides it just smells heavenly
- Being made from the bark of a tree that naturally repels micro-organisms the spice itself also has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties – watch out Candida fungus
What makes this so awesome? It makes you ache less & heal faster!
- Turmeric is anti-inflammatory (helps with arthritis, joint pain and IBS)
- It inhibits and heals cancer growth
- It enhances wound healing
What does it do? It makes you less moody!
- Maca powder balances hormones (especially PMS, meno pause related, sexual & women’s health)
- It boosts your energy levels
- Relieves stress, anxiety and depression
When is the best time to drink Golden Milk (also called Turmeric Latte!)?
Since my version of Golden Milk doesn’t contain ginger spice you should be able to drink it pretty much around the clock. I had it at 5pm and it gave me a big energy boost, so I probably wouldn’t drink it much later than that though.
You can further enhance the effectiveness by adding a teaspoon of coconut oil or using coconut milk instead of the almond milk because Turmeric is fat soluble!
How often should you drink it to reap the medicinal benefits?
As far as I know this isn’t an accumulative thing, so you would have the benefits straight away. But then, I’m not a food scientist… I just know that even the small amounts of cinnamon and turmeric that I add to my cooking daily have made a huge positive impact on my health 🙂 To reach therapeutical levels my guess would be you’d have to be adding 1tsp of each spice to your drink or food, and for some ongoing benefits you’d probably have to enjoy it at least 3 times a week.
Be sure to add the black pepper as that multiplies the effectiveness of Turmeric by a factor of 2000!
Extended Form – CandidaMain