Fact is I’m not getting enough greens in my diet. Are you? I figured out an easy way how we can change that
Every week for the next month I’m gonna ask you to try a different Green Smoothie.
How about that?!
That way by the end of it, you’ll have learned to make a damn good smoothie. Not to mention all the health benefits.
Yay, it’ll be fun!
Let’s start by picking the first Groovy Smoothie challenge to get the ball rolling.
March Groovy Smoothie Challenge:
Make a Green Smoothie or Green Juice with Almonds!
That’s right you can use almond milk, ground almond, almond butter, almond anything!)
Combine any ingredients you like, except tropical fruit, bananas… We want to keep it sugar free & candida diet friendly after all.
Here’s the magic formula:
- Use coconut milk/ coconut water or almond milk/ ice cubes or other healthy “fillers” as your base ingredient.
Add a bit of Protein:
- You can add nut butter, ground seeds, protein powder, yoghurt, kefir… you name it to keep you full for longer.
Add some Spice:
- You can add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, maca, lucuma powder…
And then some Greens
- and of course some green goodness such as fresh herbs, chlorella, spirulina, chlorophyl….
You could also add Some Veg/ Fibre/ Healthy Oils
- For fibre you can add flax egg, real egg, spinach, kale, celery, cucumber or what other veg or salad you fancy using. Avocado always makes for an amazingly creamy and smooth texture for instance.
So off you go experimenting.
Tell me in the comments below, if you’re in and what Green Smoothie you’re thinking of making.
Once you’ve made your first batch be sure to share your pic with us on the FB wall.
I’m looking forward to your entries! Trying out new drinks will be fun!
My 1st Groovy Green Smoothie:
I’m calling it Groovy Green Refresher (Gut repair Smoothie)!
I made my first one yesterday, which I’m fairly chuffed about, because it was well refreshing and tasted really nice (what surprise!)
I have to work on the thickness. It’s still too watery, with a funny frothy coconut layer at the top. But for the first one in a loooong time – not bad at all!
Finally I have found one that doesn’t require tons of fruit and is quick to make and tasty.
I was expecting the worst after my very first attempt at making green juice, which I always had to force myself to drink, beh!
Now that I know that you can add coconut or almond milk to make your green smoothie, I am back in the game.
Ah yeah! And I’m taking you with me
Here’s my latest green concoction:
Super quick, uplifting & light
- half a can coconut water/ milk
- ¼ l almond milk
- 1 whole cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 flax egg
- 2 tablespoons ground almond
- ½ tsp chlorella
- 1 tbsp protein powder for an extra protein kick (I used whey)
- and 1 tsp l-glutamine – for healing leaky gut
- Prepare the flax egg at least 15 mins before you make your smoothie (soak 1 tbl spoon of freshly ground flax seeds in 3-4 tbl spoons of water).
- Add the liquids to your blender first.
- Then the chopped cucumber, the powder and spices.
- Blend. Enjoy
At the end of next week we can all rate the entries and pick a winner, based on looks, flavor combo and health factor I’ll feature the winner’s recipe here on the blog.
The idea is to experiment and find a simple recipe that you luuuv. So much so in fact that you can happily drink it on a regular basis!
And don’t be shy talking about failed smoothie attempts, either. We all like a good giggle and if it means it saves us trying the same recipe, then that’s got to be a good thing!
Bye bye cravings, hello healing!
All you need to do is look at some funky smoothies for inspiration, do a zippededoda-shop and get the blender going.
You’re already falling behind, I’m telling you – I am tasting my latest groovy green smoothie creation as we speak – mmmh.. buttery almondy! Yum!
So tell me, are you in?
If you liked this post, you might enjoy the Groovy smoothie update with the latest Green Almond Smoothie.