10 Healthy Thanksgiving & Christmas Meal Ideas
With the festive season already on our doorstep it’s time to think of candida diet friendly foods we can enjoy.
Let’s get Festive – Candida Safe Main Meal Ideas:
Roast Turkey or Chicken are ideal, so is fish in any shape or disguise.
But you can pretty much eat most festive meaty dishes (unless they rely heavily on cheese and cream).
These are four of my favorite Candida diet recipes that have helped me survive festive days with my family (ordered easiest to digest first):
- Salmon and Cabbage Rolls (make sure you have some rich gravy – that’s when they come to life)
- Perfect Roast Chicken with Red Onion Gravy
- Thai Green curry with a twist
- Sweet Lamb Bolognese (contains sweet potatoes/ butternut leave which makes it a stage 3 food but a lush one at that – it’s a firm readers’ favorite)
- and a few more healthy dinner recipes from my archive.
Candida diet friendly Snack Ideas:
In terms of snacks I recommend:
- Chickpeas/ garbanzo beans lightly fried in olive oil with herbs and spices of your choice
- As a last resort 😉 brown rice cakes with Cocoa Carob spread (almond butter is nice too)
- Gluten free Almond Cinnamon Toasties with Almond Cinnamon Spread (Almond butter is fine, too)
- or Coconut Pancakes/ Coconut bread fried sliced with egg and rice milk (in moderation even good to eat in stage 2)
Candida safe drinks for the holidays:
Drinks-wise You can have:
- Yannoh or other herbal coffee like Chicory root coffee with rice or almond milk
- Mint, fresh ginger or Chamomile tea (helps digestion and is anti-inflammatory and the ginger one helps you stay awake, whereas the chamomile sends you off to sleep)
Healthy Cakes you can enjoy at Thanksgiving and beyond:
- Pumpkin Pie (sweetened with Xylitol)
- Sugar free Carrot Cake (now this really is sugar free and as such it is more like a soda bread than a cake)
- Candida diet friendly Cheese cake (100% sugar free or sweetened just with Stevia)
All three are stage 3 type foods though – if you want to follow the diet strictly, then opt for coconut muffins instead – google those or make my Coconut Chia rolls.
Just bare in mind that mine contain gluten free flour, as do the almond toasties above (no big deal but could be enough to maintain candida if enjoyed during stage 2).
Chin up! Thanksgiving is not going to ruin all your dieting efforts
Let your hair down and forget about all this hardship. You can pick up the diet where you left off, and you WILL heal!
It’s just as important to be happy, relaxed and well slept as it is to consume no sugar and little carbs. Chin up!
And let me know in the comments below what you are thinking of making this Thanksgiving.