Who said Cake was off the books while you’re on the Candida Diet?!
OK, this carrot cake is not like traditional cake. It’s more like soda bread.
But it’s ever so moreish and comforting!
I recommend you use this sugar free carrot cake recipe as the base for baking a big loaf. Cut into smaller slices you can then easily freeze this healthy snack.
It defrosts super quickly and tastes lovely when it’s toasted – perfect as a healthy snack when you’re craving something sweet.
Sugar free Carrot Cake Recipe
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||25 minutes|
|Total time||35 minutes|
|Dietary||Candida Diet Recipes Phase 3, Gluten Free|
|Meal type||Bread, Dessert, Snack|
|From book||Erica White’s Beat Candida Cookbook|
- 150g (5oz, 1 cup) plain wholemeal flour (or Spelt or gluten free all purpose flour)
- 4 tablespoons coconut or organic sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 organic eggs
- 50g 2oz, ⅓ cup, 2-4 finely grated carrot (carrots)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about half a small lemon)
Cake Base (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 handful walnuts or pecan nuts
Cake Filling/ Custard Creme (Optional)
- maize meal (unrefined corn flour)
- rice milk
This is not like a traditional cake - more like a soda bread. But it’s ever so moreish and comforting...
...and ideal to take with you at birthday parties/ other celebrations so you won't feel so bad for not eating sugary cakes & cookies...
Perhaps add a bit of stevia if you like. The cake is totally sugar and sweetener free.