A list of Healthy, Sugar free dishes that are Tasty and Easy to Cook!
This is a list of all the main candida diet recipes that I have cooked over and over again.
Recipes that have really helped me to stick with the diet and to get better again – I hope they’ll help you, too!
STAGE 1: CANDIDA CLEANSE RECIPES/ DETOX DRINKS
STAGE 2: GLUTEN FREE RECIPES FOR THE STRICT CANDIDA DIET (2 WEEKS – NO CARBS)
CANDIDA DIET BREAKFAST RECIPES:
CANDIDA DIET LUNCH RECIPES:
- Indian Style Scrambled Eggs with Cherry Tomatoes and Prosciutto
- Ratatouille with Coconut Rice (vegan)
- Perfect Roast Chicken with Red Onion Gravy
CANDIDA DIET DINNER RECIPES:
- Steamed Salmon with Green Beans & Peas
- Simple Tuna Steak Recipe
- Thai Green Curry with a Twist (vegan option)
- Creamy Vegetable Soup (with or without Crispy Turkey; vegan option)
DAIRY FREE SMOOTHIES:
- Cucumber Cooler Coconut Smoothie
- Groovy Green Almond Smoothie
- Groovy Green Gut Repair Smoothie
- Creamy Green Calmer Smoothie (suitable for stage 2 if you leave the fruit out)
- Rice Dream Smoothie – (enjoy during this stage only as a one off snack, not on a daily basis)
STAGE 3: CANDIDA DIET RECIPES FOR THE MAINTENANCE PHASE (4 WEEKS+ LOW CARBS)
CANDIDA DIET BREAKFAST RECIPES:
Yummy Bread & Pancakes Recipes (all anti-candida):
- Sesame Soda Bread Recipe – A Big Chunky Loaf of Bread for Loads of Tasty Sandwiches! (low in gluten, with gf free option)
- Almond Cinnamon Toasties – a sweet weekend treat (gluten free)
- Spelt Bread Toasties – quick flat bread version of the Sesame Bread (low in gluten)
- Teff Bread Toasties – small like bread rolls & moreish like a crumbly cake (gluten free)
- Quick Bread – universal recipe for making flat breads with the bread flour of your choice – I used whole grain wheat here
- Butternut Coconut Breaky – the sweetest of them all, enjoy only towards the end of the diet (gluten free & grain free)
- Teff Bread – Big vegan version of the moreish toasties above (vegan)
Cereals & Porridge Breaky Options:
From oat porridge to ground rice pudding, quinoa, millet, buckwheat or puffed rice you can have it all – here‘s an overview with my suggestions and recipes.
Savoury Breaky & Hearty Candida Diet Recipes Ideas:
- Curried Cabbage – highly underrated, satisfying, deeply nourishing dish – I ate it pretty much every day during my recovery in stage 3! (gluten free; perfect with a slice of Sesame Soda Bread)
- 6 Hearty Candida Diet Breakfast Ideas (including Kedgeree, Cooked Breaky, Omelets, German Breaky…)
- Breakfast Beans (Gluten free, dairy free & Vegan)
- Speedy Butter Beans Curry (a firm favourite in my house; perfect with a slice of Sesame Soda Bread and a green salad)
- Red Lentil Soup
- More Allergy Friendly Lunch Ideas
- More Packed Lunch Ideas
SUGAR FREE SMOOTHIES:
Please only enjoy these smoothies if you are virtually symptom free, otherwise the little fruit sugar in them could cause a mini symptom flare up. You might still want to stick to the smoothies from Stage 2 for the next few weeks to be on the safe side. Once the yeast imbalance is under control these smoothies are lovely:
- Ueber Delicious Stir-Fry (3 Killer gluten free Versions: King Prawns, Chicken or Vegan Option: Vegetable & Chickpeas)
- Mustard Seeds Pancakes with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce (with bacon or tempeh for a vegan treat) – One of my Favourite Dishes Ever!
- Sweet Lamb Bolognese (a special occasion’s kind’a meal; Vegan Option with Butternut Squash)
- Homemade Tortilla Wraps (bit fiddly to make – but so much better for you)
CANDIDA DIET DESSERTS
Click here to get to the page with candida diet recipes specifically for dessert… including Chia Seed Pud, Coconut Ice cream, Rice Pudding and Almondy Millet Pudding.
CANDIDA DIET SNACKS:
Here is a selection of snacks that are ok in stage 3 including Rice milk with sunflower seeds and desiccated coconut, home made pop corn, Steamed Veg with pumpkin seed oil salt & pepper. Gluten free muffins would work, too.
QUICK MEALS (mostly gluten free):
- Omelet with Green Pepper and Leek (Stage 2)
- Poached Cod with Cherry Tomatoes (Stage 2)
- Watercress Soup (vegan; Stage 3 because of the potatoes)
- Cavolo Nero Soup (vegan; Stage 3 because of the beans, if you leave those out stage 2 vegan)
- Classic Spelt Pancakes (Stage 3, low in gluten & dairy free & if swapping the egg for flax also vegan)
- More Healthy Lunch Ideas… (Stage 2 &3)
- And Packed Lunch Ideas (Stage 2 &3)
STAGE 4: TRANSITION TO NORMAL EATING
Now you can add a little fruit and agave sweetener to your diet. You can also have the occasional off day where you eat anything you like (in moderation!)Once symptom free you can then start eating small amounts of cheese, bread with yeast and the odd glass of beer or wine (yes – you’ll have your life back!)
SMOOTHIES WITH A LITTLE FRUIT
(no more than 1 small apple, half a pear or 1/3 of banana or a few mango bits)
- Super Refreshing Smoothie (perfect after a workout; like fruit mousse, not creamy; dairy free)
- Creamy Green Calmer Smoothie (dairy free)
- Iced Blueberries and Coconut Smoothie (dairy free)
- Iced Pear Protein Smoothie (dairy free)
- Apple, Pear, Almond & Oat Snack Bars (gluten free, dairy free and vegan)
- Rice Cake Toppings (gluten free snacks, mostly savoury)
SPECIAL OCCASION SWEET TREATS:
Easter Treats (mostly gluten free & refined sugar free)
How to Use These Candida Diet Recipes:
Fancy Getting New Recipes Sent to you By Email?
I am still constantly trying out new recipes, and I’ll always be adding the best ones to this page. Pop your name and email address in the box below if you’d like me to send you an email with the latest candida diet recipes.