Vegetable Broth for Candida Cleanse
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Dietary: Candida Diet Recipes Phase 1
Source: Dr Ali’s Nutrition Bible
- 1.5l filtered water
- 1 handful Broccoli or Cauliflower
- 1 handful Cabbage
- 1 Onion
- 2 Leek
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1-2 small Carrots (technically carrots are not allowed in candida cleanse recipes because they contain a lot of natural sugar, but they are also vitamin and mineral rich, see note further below)
- 1 handful Kale or Spinach
- 1 handful of green Beans
This is a light vegetable broth for fasting – hence it’s one of the first Candida Cleanse Recipes you should try.
Choose any of the ingredients above to make a hearty soup.
Don’t expect this to taste delicious though. It is a bit bland to be honest.
CANDIDA CLEANSE TIPS:
- Add a little bit of yeast free chicken stock to make it more palatable. A bit naughty but that’s what I did ?
- Make a big pot that lasts you 2-3 days. Then you don’t have to worry about cooking during your candida cleanse.
- Add some Spirulina powder to your broth before eating – not tasty, but it this gives you a bit of an energy boost!
|Boil the vegetables in 1.5 l of water for about half an hour.|
Now you’ve got 3 options:
Option 1 (tastes horrible) – You strain the broth through a sieve disregarding the all the veg.
Option 3 (my favourite, although not technically a broth) – Add some spices and blend everything into a thick soup. Garnish with a bit of freshly chopped parsley if you have.
NOTE REGARDING EATING POTATOES & CARROTS DURING PHASE 1 (CANDIDA CLEANSE):Generally carrots & potatoes are not allowed in phase 1 because they contain some natural sugar. But as they also contain a lot of vitamins and minerals and you will need an extra supply of those during this strenuous fasting time, it’s fine to add a few pieces to your soup.I know this might sound confusing, but look at it this way: You are already killing an insane amount of candida simply by not eating all the other foods you’d normally eat. And remember, if there are more dead candida cells than your body can handle, you’ll feel worse for wear.So please don’t go anti-vegetable crazy. As long as you avoid having potato mash, carrot/ potato soup or carrot juice you have nothing to worry about.
I remember being worried myself when I went through the candida cleanse. I was constantly concerned I might be feeding candida by eating certain things. Adding a carrot to my soup, was no problem though, seriously. Some candida diets even allow eating boiled potatoes during phase 1.
If you add your email address in the box above – you won’t ever miss any candida diet tips & recipes that I’m posting here ?