Millet & Pear Snack Bars
These healthy snack bars are lovely and gooey. And heart-warming like a steaming hot bowl of oatmeal porridge on a cold day. But make no mistake — this gluten free snack is quick to make!
- 10 Tbsp millet flakes
- 10 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- almond milk
- coconut water
- cinnamon, nutmeg
- 1 ripe pear
- 1 tsp apple and pear spread
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- optional: handful of raisins
- chocolate variation: gluten free oats, almond milk, cocoa powder, sunflower seeds, coconut oil
- Heat the coconut butter up in a small sauce pan.
- Chop the pear into small pieces and soak the raisins in water (if using).
- Combine all the ingredients, adding enough coconut water and almond milk to make a sticky dough, as if making oatmeal porridge.
- Spread thinly onto a small lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
- For the chocolate variation use gluten free oats instead of the millet flakes and cocoa powder instead of the cinnamon. Leave out the raisins.
Candida Diet Info:
This snack is is suitable for stage 3 of the Candida diet if you leave out the fruit and pear spread. I would recommend to add fruit only once all your candida symptoms are under control.